I recently attended a National conference which included an update on the Bair Hugger litigation. Following is an update on the status of the litigation:
- The litigation was centralized on December 11, 2015 in the District of Minnesota. Honorable Joan H. Erickson was assigned to the MDL. Magistrate Judge Franklin Noel is also assigned to the case.
- The Court recently ruled on a full discovery plan and bellwether process with the first trial set for November 6, 2017.
- As of April 15, 2016 there were 211 Bair Hugger cases included in the MDL or subject to transfer into the MDL. These cases were filed by 59 different plaintiff’s law firms across the country, including Showard Law Firm.
- The parties are currently working on a proposed Plaintiff Fact Sheet. This will be the form each plaintiff will need to complete to provide information regarding their individual claim
- The parties are also working on a plan for the selection of bellwether cases. Those cases will be selected by March 1, 2017 and the case specific discovery will be commenced March 2, 1017 and completed by July 1, 2017. The first trial will begin on November 6, 2017.
Showard Law Firm is currently accepting Bair Hugger Surgical Infection Claims. If you or a loved one suffered an infection following hip or knee replacement surgery, contact Showard Law Firm today for a free consultation at 520-622-3344.