Consumers should be able to trust that the products they purchase are safe. Unfortunately, every year hundreds of thousands of consumers are injured by defective products.
- A design defect
- A manufacturing defect
- A failure to warn or instruct
- If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or experienced a financial loss as the result of a defective or dangerous product, call the Showard Law Firm.
Not all dangerous products are the subject of a recall and many recalled products continue to be used by consumers who are unaware of the danger. For information on recalled products go to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
If you have been injured by a Defective Product:
- Save or retain the product and any documents or packaging that accompanied it.
- Identify as much information about the product as possible, most importantly the name of the manufacturer.
- Also record the model name and number, place and date of purchase, and serial number.
- Store the product in a safe place and do not modify or change it.
- Obtain the name, address, and telephone number of any witnesses.
- DO NOT discuss the case with anyone.
- DO NOT give any written or recorded statements.
- Contact Showard Law Firm as soon as possible after the accident to ensure your rights are protected.