Hospitalization is stressful, and it is a completely understandable response. Even choosing a hospital for care can be stressful. Patients are often concerned that they are choosing the right hospital for their particular treatment, and often people are not sure how to make the right choice.
Tucson personal injury lawyers at the Showard Law Firm know that choosing the right hospital can sometimes reduce the possibility of medical errors that can lead to even more problems later on. There are a few things to look for when choosing a hospital:
- Does my doctor have practicing privileges there?
- Does the hospital accept my health plan?
- Is the hospital recognized by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations?
- Have they successfully treated my condition before?
- Are they working to improve their own quality of care?
By making the right choice of where to seek care, you can help minimize the risk of medical malpractice, and even more importantly you can give yourself the best chance for a successful treatment of your condition.
At the Showard Law Firm, we help patients who have been injured or made ill by medical treatments that are meant to improve patients’ conditions. Medical devices and pharmaceutical devices can do miracles, but on some occasions they can do more harm than good. We take those cases seriously, and we can assist people who have been faced with problems because of their treatments.